Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.
- New Member
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:12 pm
my stats are
overall gpa 3.9
science gpa 3.8
ill be applying to all md schools in US. but am torn bwn DO or caribbean(since my mcat is low)...
i want to go into pediatrics, but not private practice.
which would be a better option?
- Medical Student Moderator
- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 7:23 am
- Location: Chicago
what's your MCAT break down? with your gpa, I'd take it again, bring it up to at least a 27 and apply to US med schools as well as DO and the caribbean.
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:03 pm
- Location: York, Pennsylvania
Caribbean with those stats!?
Are you out of your mind?
Apply DO! You WILL get interviews! FMG should only be last resort (no offense to anyone here). FMGs have far more limitations than DOs in the US.
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:39 am
- Location: University of Arkansas at Monticello
And besides, this one is on the DO forum...not the Caribbean forum.
- Posts: 1312
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:57 am
i echo wagdog. carrib should be a last resort. if u try both Md and DO and u not successful, then carib will be good too.