Loans for St. James School of Medicine

Student loan experts provide advice and support on medical student loan debt and repayment.

Moderator: Adminnaoum

jamingraham

Loans for St. James School of Medicine

Post by jamingraham »

Does anyone know how to get student loans for St. James School of Medicine? I know there is the option for Delta but if anyone knows of another source please let me know. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I have been accepted and I am a US student starting in January. Thanks again!

Meast=Man&Beast

Re: Loans for St. James School of Medicine

Post by Meast=Man&Beast »

Me2

jamingraham

Post by jamingraham »

I have come to quickly realize that St. James just wants your money. I have been scrambling to get private loans and no one will lend because they don't have a "partnership" with St. James. Whatever that means I don't know. I'm sure its a liability issue. Anyway, I think if you don't have either some rich uncle who can fund you or live in a country where a private bank will loan you money for school you can forget medical school at St. James. Even the private loan company they have partnered with, Delta Inc., will only loan up to $4500 for a semester which will either cover tuition completely or almost all of tuition but that's it. Books, living expenses, and anything else is on you. I know that they sort of tell you about this going into the whole process and it should have been a red flag but you may have just lost a grand that you'll never get back. If you have any information about getting private loans that would be great.......that is if you live here in the US. Ultimately however, I think St. James plays off the emotions of students getting accepted and get them to commit quickly by having them pay the $1K to hold their seat and then they just let them go and hope for the best. If they find funding, great! If they don't, someone will pay money to fill their seat. Its that simple. I have been looking high and low and NO ONE will loan me money for school. Hope you find something to fund your medical tuition.

amir1228

Post by amir1228 »

If you don,t get any information from any where you can go through your management for seeking scholarship,i think they will help you in getting loan also.

donald
Scutophile
Scutophile

Post by donald »

Delta is the one I know about. Did you find any other source?