Medical TV shows

Review your favorite medical TV show.
Was it medically accurate? Was it anatomically accurate (that is, do residents actually look like that?)?
Omnicron999
Medical Student Moderator

Post by Omnicron999 »

Its on NBC, however its on at the same time as House on Fox. Which I like much better.

Miscelineous

Post by Miscelineous »

I don't watch any of those shows because I never know when they are on!! The only shows I ever catch are the docudramas like Forensic Files and the plastic surgery, ER, and BIRTHday shows on the health channel. (Ch. 111 on Dtv) I'm not a fan of fictional stories because of all the extra drama they incorporate. You know what I mean?

Omnicron999

Post by Omnicron999 »

Yeah, some of the nonsense that happens in those medical dramas is a little ridiculous. Helicopters, and tanks crashing into the hospital and ER pretty much ruined that show for me.

The plastic surgery shows get a little old after a while. I can only watch so many pairs of breasts get augmented :)

racerwoman
Gunner
Gunner

Post by racerwoman »

haha, i definitely cannot stand any of the medical dramas except for Scrubs, even though Scrubs could take place in at a CPA firm and I think it would be funny (ie, it has very little to do with the actual hospital and more just about the attitudes of the people you work with). they're just too much drama..."ER"'s ER is a fire hazard, THAT should be the theme of their next episode. my friend and i debate this all the time; she's applying to law school and loooves ER, i'm applying to med and loooove all the cop shows like Law and Order, the one on CBS that has like 5 off-shoots, etc.

Omnicron999

Post by Omnicron999 »

In all honesty, I took a Law class in my undergrad. I got an A- and I owe it all to Law and Order!