Retake MCAT to increase chances?

MCAT preparation and implications of MCAT scores.

Moderators: cheechootrain, CaribMD, AL_emt

vk45de
Gunner
Gunner

Re: Retake MCAT to increase chances?

Post by vk45de »

Kaplan sucks, I've taken it. They expect you to do most studying on your own and come to ask questions. Their practice tests suck as well, difficulty ramps up way too fast to keep up.

CaribMD
The One
The One

Post by CaribMD »

vk45de wrote:Kaplan sucks, I've taken it. They expect you to do most studying on your own and come to ask questions. Their practice tests suck as well, difficulty ramps up way too fast to keep up.

Then try Princeton........ they are an advertiser here :wink:

ThePrincetonReview
Scutophile
Scutophile

Post by ThePrincetonReview »

Hi there. I think that re-taking the MCAT is a good decision based on the info you provided here. But to know for sure, there are some basic questions I would want to know to make sure it definitely is the best course of action for you. In order to improve your score from the 23, it is important to look at your studying method and figure out what worked best, or did not work at all. Did you study on your own for the exam? How did you prep? Do you think you worked as hard as you could and scored a 23? Many students make plans to study for the MCAT but end up falling short when executing on the prep plans. Knowing what you did will give me a better idea on what to recommend to you. If you have found that studying on your own just didn’t cut it, you may want to look into a formal prep course like The Princeton Review’s Hyperlearning MCAT program as it can provide the discipline, motivation, strategy and content review necessary to score in the 30’s. A program such as ours might help you stay on track and reach your goals - take a look at some of the program details here http://www.theprincetonreview.com/medic ... urses.aspx. Note that as a member of Student Doc, you will also receive a $100 discount on the program. If you have addition questions, feel free to reach out to me directly at anthonyr@review.com or call 949-863-6017.

Sincerely,

Anthony

anamaky
Medical Student Moderator
Medical Student Moderator

Post by anamaky »

I would definitely retake as well. I took Kaplan, taught for the Princeton Review (TPR) for a couple of years in medical school and my brother just got his awesome score back after retaking the MCAT and taking TPR (at Loyola :)). I can tell you from experience that I think TPR's course structure does a better job of preparing people for the MCAT. having said that, nothing can take the place of intense, focused studying for at least three months and taking lots and lots of practice tests.

michday45

Post by michday45 »

so planning of retaking is a good idea. Hope to be more focus and condition with it.,With gods guidance ang presence. Thankz. :D