BenchPrep MCAT Mobile App

MCAT preparation and implications of MCAT scores.

Moderators: cheechootrain, CaribMD, AL_emt

brycepj

BenchPrep MCAT Mobile App

Post by brycepj »

Curious to see if anyone has used the BenchPrep app for iphones, androids, ipods, etc. I googled around looking for independent reviews of the app and only found one that was actually helpful. Anybody here use it and find it a good resource for MCAT prep? If you already have books and an prep course with Kaplan or TPR or whoever, is it unneccessary. Seems to me like having an MCAT prep tool with you at all times would be uber-convenient.

lkrampen

Re: BenchPrep MCAT Mobile App

Post by lkrampen »

I just got the Benchprep MCAT course, and I will say it is helpful. The ease of access and availability of the material is absolutely unbeatable. Who wants to carry around large books or a set of books to study when they have a quick minute? The Benchprep "course" has apps for android, iphone, ipad, ect. as well as an online site that has all of the information at your fingertips. The apps have all of the information that the site offers, including the review materials (Physics, General Chem, Organic Chem, Biology, and Verbal Reasoning/Writing) which offer explanations of concepts, a space to make notes and bookmarks. There are also several quizzes, and a feature that tracks your progress. It also has diagnostic tests, which again track your progress. When you buy the course, you also get access to McGrawhill's website which features more review guides, study questions, and practice tests.

The sync feature makes it easy to pick up where you left off if you switch from say a computer to a cellphone.

Overall, I would say it is a good investment. It may be a little more expensive than a book (of course, depending on the book) but it is MUCH cheaper than other online courses, plus it is available on all electronic devices.

Adminnaoum
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BenchPrep MCAT Mobile App

Post by Adminnaoum »

Here's a BenchPrep coupon code if you want to give the program a try. It looks a good program, but probably is not a complete substitute for a full MCAT course.

50% off MCAT Test Prep for the web, iPhone, Android & iPad at BenchPrep.com Use code BENCH50

The BenchPrep coupon code also works for other tests, like LSAT, GMAT etc.