EMT being a disadvantage????

EMT, Radiology Tech, ECG Tech - career options and education discussion.

Moderator: CaribMD

Dimitry

Re: EMT being a disadvantage????

Post by Dimitry »

Make sure you use it and get Emergency Room experience.

clyd3robert

Post by clyd3robert »

I am also an EMT and cpr instructor becoming a nurse just curious if anyone has been through that and if they think being an emt will help with nursing school.

CaribMD
The One
The One

Post by CaribMD »

clyd3robert wrote:I am also an EMT and cpr instructor becoming a nurse just curious if anyone has been through that and if they think being an emt will help with nursing school.

I did EMT B while in Nursing school, yes I think it helps and if you work it helps develop assessment and people skills too.

CaribMD
The One
The One

Post by CaribMD »

ryxin01 wrote:Generally the educational process is done in steps. First, in many states including mine, you complete a one semester course "Emergency Medical Technology". This course includes three sub-courses; the classroom, the labs, and the clinicals in both the hospital environment as well as on the ambulances.
From EMT you continue the educational process into Paramedic which takes the better part of a year.
Completion of these courses allows the graduate to challenge the National Registry exam for EMT (in Florida) and the State Certification Exam for Paramedic.

exactly also different states have different regs EMT is not universal for what one can do like a Nurse or a Doc.

spike1360

Post by spike1360 »

Does this advisor work for a medical school?
If not, go straight to the horse's mouth.