Biomedical Engineer 3.8 GPA overall 3.94 BCPM

The Match, Med School, the USMLE, rotations, Med Neuro...

Moderators: CaribMD, Vonsmack

toy303

Biomedical Engineer 3.8 GPA overall 3.94 BCPM

Post by toy303 »

BME major graduated Magna Cum Laude
23o
3.8 GPA
3.94 BCPM
URM

Im just wondering based on the stats how are my chances given my ECs and major? I'm in the application process already and just trying to brace myself for whatever may happen.

Fitness and Nutrition Kids Summer Camp
Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
Cardiovascular Tissue Engineering -(300 hrs research and ongoing)
Internationally Genetically Engineered Machine Competition Project(150 hrs)
President of Global Solutions in Reproductive Health Care(non profit organization created by fellow BMEs)
Won 1st in BioEngineering Business Plan Competition with the construction of a Maternal Monitoring Device for Low-Resourced Areas
Tobacco Free Coalition for Harrison County
School Ambassador's Organization (Reflections Team)
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Post Baccalaureate Program for Tissue Engineering and Cardiovascular Engineering(ongoing)
Dare to Dream Mentoring and Tutoring Program
Connections Mentoring Program( College Mentoring)
Research for the construction of a sensor for Breast Cancer detection with the Electrical Engineering Department(ongoing)
VA Health Care Systems Shadowing cardiologists, oncologist, internists(30 hrs/ month)

My classes include Orgo 1&2, Bio 1&2 ,Cell Biology ,Biochemistry, Micro ,Biophysical Properties in Biological Engineering, Cal 1-4,Differential Eqn, Physics 1&2, Engineering Mechanics 1&2, Mechanics of Material, Biomedical Materials, Biophysical Properties of Materials, Biomechanics, Fluid Dynamics,Tissue Engineering, Biosystem Simulations, Computer program, Bioinstrumentaion 1&2

Maryjane

Re: Biomedical Engineer 3.8 GPA overall 3.94 BCPM

Post by Maryjane »

Your stats seems to be kind of optimum for the biomedical engineering courses in many colleges.
For becoming a biomedical engineer the best way is a formal training in mechanical and electronics engineering with focused biomedical training. But since you have already completed the engineering degree you can go for a master's degree in biomedical.

The course would basically include neuroengineering fundamentals, biofluid mechanics, engineering electrophysiology, diagnostic imaging physics, and drug design, development, and delivery. You can later on take electives related to your ultimate career goals.

toy3

Post by toy3 »

I am currently studding in Medical International - A leading medical center in Dubai Health Care City (DHCC).

dredwinf
Scutophile
Scutophile

Post by dredwinf »

I also thinks that your stats looks to be reasonably optimum for the medicine engineering courses in several schools.For changing into a medicine engineer the most effective means may be a formal coaching in mechanical and physical science engineering with centered medicine coaching. however since you've got already completed the engineering degree you'll select a academic degree in medicine.

dredwinf
Scutophile
Scutophile

Post by dredwinf »

I also thinks that your stats looks to be reasonably optimum for the medicine engineering courses in several schools.For changing into a medicine engineer the most effective means may be a formal coaching in mechanical and physical science engineering with centered medicine coaching. however since you've got already completed the engineering degree you'll select a academic degree in medicine.