What r the tips to write a good essay?

The Match, Med School, the USMLE, rotations, Med Neuro...

Moderators: CaribMD, Vonsmack

nelsonwilliam

Post by nelsonwilliam »

I want to train my students for essay writing competition so if could suggest good site or few tips that will be helpful

Brady Kinesia
Sub-I
Sub-I

Re: What r the tips to write a good essay?

Post by Brady Kinesia »

First tip would be use real, complete English words. 'r' is a letter of the alphabet, but not a word. Could you really not be bothered to write the word "are" using two more keystrokes?

how r u ?

gr8 !

c u l8r

thxbye

The people who "write" like that on mobile devices (as adults) are probably never going to be good essayists, because it's too late for them to learn proper English writing skills

JoanneGross

Post by JoanneGross »

If you are looking for the tips to write a good essay, i would like to provide you some of the tips for writing the essay. For a good essay you have to concentrate on the following tips:
First have to take a good topic for writing the essay.
After that you have to brainstorm your ideas about the topic.
Make an outline for the essay writing and which contains the necessary points about the topic.
start to write a catchy introduction for getting impression from the readers.
Write a strong paragraph/ body for your essay.
Summarize all the points and write it in briefly in the conclusion part.

I hope you got the idea about the writing tips of an essay.. All the best...

nancyjose

Post by nancyjose »

The most important starting point is to listen carefully to what the essay title is telling you. To start you off, a useful exercise is to do a ‘brainstorm’ of all your ideas in connection with the essay title. It can be stressful and very difficult trying to work out solely in your mind how to tackle an essay title; asking yourself questions such as: What structure should I use? What are my main points? What reading do I need to do? Have I got enough evidence? It can be much less stressful to throw all your thoughts down on paper, before you start trying to find answers to these questions.
I wrote a short essay about family. The central theme of the essay is Family is the first school for a child. The above tips helped me greatly in my essay writing process. By doing this, it will ensure that your essay would be great.

danielhuerta

Post by danielhuerta »

Writing a good essay requires synthesis of material that cannot be done in the 20-30 minutes you have during the exam. In the days before the exam, you should:
Anticipate test questions. Look at the question from the last exam. Did the question ask you to apply a theory to historical or contemporary events? Did you have to compare/contrast theories? Did you have to prove an argument? Imagine yourself in the role of the instructor--what did the instructor emphasize? What are the big ideas in the course?
Practice writing. You may decide to write a summary of each theory you have been discussing, or a short description of the historical or contemporary events you've been studying. Focus on clarity, conciseness, and understanding the differences between the theories.
Memorize key events, facts, and names. You will have to support your argument with evidence, and this may involve memorizing some key events, or the names of theorists, etc.
Organize your ideas. Knowledge of the subject matter is only part of the preparation process. You need to spend some time thinking about how to organize your ideas. Let's say the question asks you to compare and contrast what regime theory and hegemonic stability theory would predict about post-cold war nuclear proliferation.
Last edited by Adminnaoum on Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove link building