Course Creation That Would Look Good On Resume

The Match, Med School, the USMLE, rotations, Med Neuro...

Moderators: CaribMD, Vonsmack

bigkahuna360

Course Creation That Would Look Good On Resume

Post by bigkahuna360 »

Hi, my name is Grady Brooks. I am a 17 year old high school student in Minnesota whose determination to be a doctor has been recognized by my school. I have been given the opportunity to create my own high school course where I shall present my topic to another class and teach them about about anything related to the medical career.

My problem is, I don't know what I should research. They have given me the widest variety to select from. What topic should I research and present that would look good on a resume for U of M Morris?

Brady Kinesia
Sub-I
Sub-I

Re: Course Creation That Would Look Good On Resume

Post by Brady Kinesia »

Medical ethics, that would be my recommendation.

Why? Because it's a good opportunity to do something besides biology. You're going to have more than enough science in college.

And because so many pre-meds are just like drones who don't care about anything except GPA.
Ethics or philosophy shows that you are capable of thinking "outside the box" and sets you apart from the crowd.

Anything that shows that you care about people or some kind of real intellectual interests.

And not about people dying in impoverished foreign countries where you have never been, it has to be something believable and relevant to medicine in the USA