Non-clinical careers for physicians

The Match, Med School, the USMLE, rotations, Med Neuro...

Moderators: CaribMD, Vonsmack

arkinologist

Re: Non-clinical careers for physicians

Post by arkinologist »

I think the reason why more and more physicians are looking for non-clinical jobs is because they grew tired of the routines of being a physician. It's best that we give balance to what we're doing. Let's not tire ourselves with work because sooner or later, the passions that was once there will really die if we don't know how to balance work and our personal life.

GraciaHughes

Post by GraciaHughes »

I think I like that biotech/pharmaceutical option.

meyersa

Post by meyersa »

If you are interested in life science and biomedical entrepreneurship, join us at www.sopenet.org and linkedin group

Adminnaoum
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Adminnaoum »

We've just put up a whole series of articles on non-clinical careers for physicians. It starts with Nonclinical Careers.

The other articles in the series feature interviews with:
Dr. Maria Simbra (medical reporter for KDKA-TV News, Pittsburgh).
Dr. Julie Silver (Assistant Professor at Harvard Medical School and Chief Editor of Books for Harvard Health Publications).
Dr. Bob Uslander a 20-year emergency physician and founder of Doctors On Purpose.
Dr. Arlen Meyers President and CEO of the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs (Yup, that's SOPEnet.org, linked to above).
Dr. Joseph Kim a physician-executive who blogs at Non-Clinical Jobs (and who earlier contributed to this thread).

claretalabs

Post by claretalabs »

It will be true that Making that transition can take some time, so it always helps to do research as early as possible.