which masters to choose?!! please help

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

philly1786

which masters to choose?!! please help

Post by philly1786 »

I am a recent graduate from a top 50 school with a 3.18 gpa and and a 27S MCATs. Thus, for obvious reasons, I need to improve my stats before applying to medical school. I have done a ton of extracirriculars and am a full time employee in a lab studying melanoma. I have been accepted into both Thomas Jefferson's Biomedical Science MS program and PCOM's Biomedical Science program. Jefferson's program is possibly considered with higher regard, but is more research and science based, whereas PCOM's classes are more clinical and medical based. I am considering going to D.O. school, quite possibly PCOM, but am unsure about which of these two masters programs will better enhance my credentials to get medical school acceptance. Any advice or outlook would be greatlyyyyy appreciated, as I only have a day to decide which program to enroll in. :shock: Thanks in advance!

Vince86
Gunner
Gunner

Post by Vince86 »

If you want to definitely goto PCOM then goto the PCOM post bac. But for general med school i would goto the one with more medical school classes. The more med classes you can take, the better. Thats the reason why going to these smps are worth anything. the reputation of the program is somewhat important... but i dont think it matters much. GL