telephone interview

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

alexfair
Scutophile
Scutophile

telephone interview

Post by alexfair »

I have a telephone interview at mayo...what they do instead of a secondary...anyone here done this interview or at least the style...apparently there is no feedback on the questions asked. I don't know, I am total shocked :shock: to even have a telephone interview (when i called to schedule I even asked the lady if she was sure the email was supposed to go to me..she laughed), and now i don't want to blow it..ADVICE!!!

OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Post by OlufunshoBY »

I have had a phone interview before but for a postbac program at drexel univ. What I understood about the process is that you will have someone (not necessarily a member of the admission commitee) run couple of questions by you and they take notes as you answer them.

The interviewer now present it to the adcomms and the interviewer also write up a personal evaluation on how he or she perceived you.

That was how my own phone interview went. It took about 7minutes but I am guessing yours will probably be longer.

You have to get your thought together! Don't Panick. Talk to others, they might have some good advice for you.

Good Luck!

mdille2
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Post by mdille2 »

It will be an interviewer asking you questions and you answering them. From what I have heard they will not give you any feedback at all. No laughing and positive or negative responses. So, it may be a little unnerving not being able to have a conversation. I have also heard they some of the questions may be a little strange. I will try to get a few possible questions and PM you.
Marcia

alexfair
Scutophile
Scutophile

Post by alexfair »

thanks marcia