new Healthcare bil

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

yellowcocopuffs
Scutophile
Scutophile

new Healthcare bil

Post by yellowcocopuffs »

What does the new healthcare bill mean for the future doctors? How would it affect them?

CaribMD
The One
The One

Re: new Healthcare bil

Post by CaribMD »

Haven't had time to read it.
Does it allow private pay?
:?:

Vonsmack
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Post by Vonsmack »

The devil is in the details, which are still being worked out. Most likely will mean increased paperwork, more government oversight into how doctors deliver healthcare. They already dictate how we treat seniors, look at Medicare. A public option will give doctors even more headaches, just as Medicaid/Medicare do now. Obviously this is speculation, but our government isn't know for doing anything efficient or logical, pretty much everything they touch is ruined.

CaribMD
The One
The One

Post by CaribMD »

Vonsmack wrote:The devil is in the details, which are still being worked out. Most likely will mean increased paperwork, more government oversight into how doctors deliver healthcare. They already dictate how we treat seniors, look at Medicare. A public option will give doctors even more headaches, just as Medicaid/Medicare do now. Obviously this is speculation, but our government isn't know for doing anything efficient or logical, pretty much everything they touch is ruined.

I'm only for change if it becomes universal what is covered, universal paperwork, all claims with the needed one set of forms. :mrgreen: I know dreaming.

medmatt
Jr. House Staff
Jr. House Staff

Post by medmatt »

I have to disagree Vonsmack. The government does a lot of things well. The military. Public education...Where did you go to school? Student loan programs. Transportation. The whole thing is about greed. If we could get insurance companies to operate within reasonable boundaries and cover more people we wouldn't be having this national debate. The problem is that people can't get covered. I'm not sure if I'm for a public option or not. But I think it would def. be better than the state of affairs right now. If the republicans want to keep to a "small government" plan they need to man up and tell the health care companies its time to start acting with a little compassion.