need help deciding on upper level electives

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

Zethra
Scutophile
Scutophile

need help deciding on upper level electives

Post by Zethra »

So I'm trying to choose my upper level electives to take for the next two years (i like to plan ahead). Here are my options:

Immunology, Histology, Vertebrate Embryology, Medical Microbiology (already took general micro), Animal Parisitology, Molecular Biology, Microbial Genetics, Endocrinology, Biochemistry 1, Biochemistry 2, and Clinical Biochemistry

Anyone have reccommendations or advice on which ones to choose or which ones should be priority classes? I need 4 or 5 I think.

Vonsmack
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Re: need help deciding on upper level electives

Post by Vonsmack »

If I were you I would pick biochem 1/2, molecular genetics, immunology. Those will actually help you in med school. But you should really choose what looks interesting to you and that you will enjoy.

CaribMD
The One
The One

Re: need help deciding on upper level electives

Post by CaribMD »

Vonsmack wrote:If I were you I would pick biochem 1/2, molecular genetics, immunology. Those will actually help you in med school. But you should really choose what looks interesting to you and that you will enjoy.

I agree :wink: