?

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

Rose
Scutophile
Scutophile

?

Post by Rose »

When should girls, who are attending med schools, get married? I mean when is the best time in their career to get married? I was thinking of finishing med school first and then think of anything else, but wouldn't that be very late? I will be in my early thirties! :?

CaribMD
The One
The One

Re: ?

Post by CaribMD »

Rose wrote:When should girls, who are attending med schools, get married? I mean when is the best time in their career to get married? I was thinking of finishing med school first and then think of anything else, but wouldn't that be very late? I will be in my early thirties! :?

Look I don't mean to be mean, but pick one right now, Medschool or marriage? Your about to go to the Caribbean right? You don't get married right now and go to the caribbean to medschool. There is one here but it is so tough. I think 30's is way young, I think right after Medschool would be better like during residency so you are in one place for a few years. But you gotta ask your self something, will my spouse support me ( many do not before medschool) will they demand I quit to attend to them (many do this) or will they be a partner in the marriage and understand ( few do) I'm really lucky with my wife but it is so hard to be apart during this 18 months.

Good luck to you.

wackie
Sub-I
Sub-I

Post by wackie »

Get married 625 days after maltriculation.

Okay, med school will be hard on your spouse.
School in particular for me is hard on my spouse and I'm just a full time worker bee in undergrad. From what I understand, your third year in med school will be your worst. But, you'll have residency after that.

There's no need to be in a hurry to get married. :wink: If you see kids in your future then, like OLDPRO said, you have a decision to make.

OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Post by OlufunshoBY »

my principle is if i find someone before i start med school, then i will marry that person if we still together when i graduate after four yrs. If i don't, no marriage for me.

no rush to get married. You can't force these things. always remember that!

good luck

Rose
Scutophile
Scutophile

Post by Rose »

Thanks everyone for replying. I would like both, but I am going to go to med school first and maybe get married somewhere in between of medical school if I find somebody, lol.