Chances of getting into med schools with your scores

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

Poolboy

Post by Poolboy »

sorry, I missed this post Realstar- I don't have Yahoo - but PM me - I would love to offer any advice you may need.

pakbabydoll
Scutophile
Scutophile

Post by pakbabydoll »

thank you

bchen7106

Post by bchen7106 »

Just a warning for everyone. I finished the whole med school application thing 5 years ago, but I put in my info and didn't find the results to be very accurate.

They were telling me that I was competitive at Harvard even though my undergrad GPA was 3.2 (I didn't get into Harvard).

Check out my blog at www.drbyron.blogspot.com if you want to gain some insight into medical school. It might inspire you.

ND08

competitive?

Post by ND08 »

Some stats:

Notre Dame-
GPA: 3.4
science gpa 3.1 (was very sick one year)
MCAT: 33T: 10 V 11 B 12 P
2 years research, much volunteering, activities etc. etc.

I'm thinking of applying to 12 allopathic and 3 osteopathic schools. Just looking for any thoughts or feedback on how competitive I am for allopathic schools w/ the science gpa problem. Thanks!

spospo
Gunner
Gunner

Re: competitive?

Post by spospo »

ND08 wrote:Some stats:

Notre Dame-
GPA: 3.4
science gpa 3.1 (was very sick one year)
MCAT: 33T: 10 V 11 B 12 P
2 years research, much volunteering, activities etc. etc.

I'm thinking of applying to 12 allopathic and 3 osteopathic schools. Just looking for any thoughts or feedback on how competitive I am for allopathic schools w/ the science gpa problem. Thanks!

since your gpa is below average, you may want to add a few more to your list. if you are planning to start in fall 08, you should really get your primary in as soon as you can. early is always better. if you have the money and time, more schools would help as well.