Chances of getting into med schools with your scores

Preparing and applying for medical school.

Sponsored by the Premed Status Report. Analyzes over 20 variables to estimate your chances of getting into medical school.

Moderators: cheechootrain, Vonsmack, AL_emt

oompaloompab0i

chances

Post by oompaloompab0i »

hi ya'll, i was wondering what were my chances to get into a medical school
Ethnicity: asian
school: UCLA
GPA: 3.58 science: 3.6
MCAT: 11B 10P 12V Pwriting
2.5 years research, 1 yr volunteering, underserved community outreach, 1/2 yr shadowing, other school activities as well.

girlily
Scutophile
Scutophile

Wow

Post by girlily »

Hi Amatlina,

English is my second language too, so I'm glad to find someone like yourself on this website. Do you mind me asking where you are from? And, did you take a private prep class before you took MCAT, or did you study on your own?

hi54uall

Post by hi54uall »

Hi guys, I took the mcat on june 15th. I got a 10 in both phy and bio and a terrible 5 in the verbal. Overall 25M. I have a PCBM gpa of 3.721, other gpa of 3.55 and a overall 3.66. I've been on the dean's list for all 4 years and once on the chancellor's list. volunteer >100 hrs. i have s AS degree in biology with summa cum laude + two honor socities. After reading others', I think these won't stand a chance. I'm worried. What should i do ?. any advise ?. :(

will381796
Fellow
Fellow

Post by will381796 »

hi54uall wrote:Hi guys, I took the mcat on june 15th. I got a 10 in both phy and bio and a terrible 5 in the verbal. Overall 25M. I have a PCBM gpa of 3.721, other gpa of 3.55 and a overall 3.66. I've been on the dean's list for all 4 years and once on the chancellor's list. volunteer >100 hrs. i have s AS degree in biology with summa cum laude + two honor socities. After reading others', I think these won't stand a chance. I'm worried. What should i do ?. any advise ?. :(

For US med schools that MCAT score won't cut it. Study harder and take it again and get a 30+.

hi54uall

Post by hi54uall »

You r right. I could retake the exam, but higher score isn't for sure and I won't be able to apply for 2008. Do you think I may have a chance at St. George's or any other schools such as howard ?. Also what if I enhance the ECs ?. Still I know, I'm competing with 30+s. advise ?