Best School in The Caribbean That DOESN'T Require The MCAT

Caribbean and Foreign medical school discussion: accreditation, costs, US residency match rates...

Moderator: CaribMD

Confused 20
Gunner
Gunner

Best School in The Caribbean That DOESN'T Require The MCAT

Post by Confused 20 »

I am going to apply to the Big 4 in the near future and my stats and extracurriculars are pretty good but I scored pretty low on the MCAT and therefore am thinking about a school that doesn't require the MCAT if I am unable to get into the Big 4 with my low MCAT score. Could anybody who is knowledgeable in the are give me an idea of what they feel is the best school in the Caribbean that doesn't require the MCAT? Is there one school (like AUA for example) or a few schools that is/are pretty much unanimously considered as the best school(s) that do not require the MCAT?

foville1859
Gunner
Gunner

Re: Best School in The Caribbean That DOESN'T Require The MC

Post by foville1859 »

What were the actual scores on MCAT for each subsection (Bio, Physical, Verbal) ?
There are pretty good estimates of average MCAT for most of the Caribbean schools

houseofresume

Post by houseofresume »

You only did a practice test. You haven't even taken the real MCAT yet. Just study harder and take it. If you score about 24 or 25, you might have a shot at some DO schools. If you don't get in the first time, do some extra science courses or a post-bac, or retake your MCAT if you have to. Try at least twice to get into a US school before considering the Caribbean.

topmedicalschools
Scutophile
Scutophile

Post by topmedicalschools »

It is dose not matter what medical school you will attend, if you will pass all exams, you will become a licensed M.D. However, the more prestigious medical school you will attend, the better your chances of getting a prestigious residency, position and salary. But as per my suggestion if you need more information about top medical school then here you will find information about graduate medical schools in US and other countries at http://www.topmedicalschools.biz/

CaribMD
The One
The One

Post by CaribMD »

Only way you should ever go to a Carribbean school other than the big 4 is if you can score 240 on step one first time, other than that have really good contacts because residencies are super hard to get now and will continue to be so in the near future. The big 4 you have a better chance.