MUA or ROSS?

Caribbean and Foreign medical school discussion: accreditation, costs, US residency match rates...

Moderator: CaribMD

smalik

MUA or ROSS?

Post by smalik »

Hi guys,

Just need to make a decision, whether to go to MUA or ROSS?
I was thinking of ROSS first but the island is making me bit uncormfortable because of high crime rates
Also is true that ROSS has high attrition rate?

Please advice!

victronics
Gunner
Gunner

Post by victronics »

Ross is an older more established school through which you can practice in all the 50 states, it has the federal student loan in place and is better know amongst the residency program directors. however Ross is pretty expensive compared to MUA. MUA may take you to about 46 states excluding CA and TX, if you have thistwo states in mind at the moment then Ross is your best bet. i have heardf Ross has a weed out system in place or call it a very high artrition rate where survival of the fitest can be felt. oh with the recent aproval of NY on MUA's program, i dont think it should be long b4 this school gets CA aproval. but for now they dont have it so make yur dissision base on the fact that MUA does not have CA at this time.

CaribMD
The One
The One

Post by CaribMD »

victronics wrote:Ross is an older more established school through which you can practice in all the 50 states, it has the federal student loan in place and is better know amongst the residency program directors. however Ross is pretty expensive compared to MUA. MUA may take you to about 46 states excluding CA and TX, if you have thistwo states in mind at the moment then Ross is your best bet. i have heardf Ross has a weed out system in place or call it a very high artrition rate where survival of the fitest can be felt. oh with the recent aproval of NY on MUA's program, i dont think it should be long b4 this school gets CA aproval. but for now they dont have it so make yur dissision base on the fact that MUA does not have CA at this time.

Agree

Ross everytime :shock:

krust3
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Re: MUA or ROSS?

Post by krust3 »

smalik wrote:Hi guys,

Just need to make a decision, whether to go to MUA or ROSS?
I was thinking of ROSS first but the island is making me bit uncormfortable because of high crime rates
Also is true that ROSS has high attrition rate?

Please advice!

both true, but if you've got what it takes to become a doc then Ross should be fine even with the negatives.

tavuong

Post by tavuong »

High crime rate? It is dangerous on the island? Can any be more specific? I'm scared cause I plan to go there!