Permanent US Resident.

Caribbean and Foreign medical school discussion: accreditation, costs, US residency match rates...

Moderator: CaribMD

falcon21

Permanent US Resident.

Post by falcon21 »

So i immigrated to the us 9 years ago.. im a legal permanent resident (have a green card) .. but i have yet to apply for citizenship.

However, im planning on attending a school in the caribbeans. Question is "do i need a visa to go down there? and What about on the way back to the US? Do they check ur citizenship status?"

CaribMD
The One
The One

Re: Permanent US Resident.

Post by CaribMD »

falcon21 wrote:So i immigrated to the us 9 years ago.. im a legal permanent resident (have a green card) .. but i have yet to apply for citizenship.

However, im planning on attending a school in the caribbeans. Question is "do i need a visa to go down there? and What about on the way back to the US? Do they check ur citizenship status?"

We all need visas t go to school here,

For you will you get a US passport or will you have another?

You are not "Living in another country" You are coming as a student and you will have a US address be it yours or your family, thats where you live and I still pay my taxes (Well file anyway).

falcon21

Post by falcon21 »

no, i have a pakistani passport.
But i have been to canada and on the way back they just checked the passports.. but im not sure about coming back from the caribbeans?

and I heard sumthing about u cant be out of the US for more than a year widout official permission or somthing?

victronics
Gunner
Gunner

Re: Permanent US Resident.

Post by victronics »

falcon21 wrote:So i immigrated to the us 9 years ago.. im a legal permanent resident (have a green card) .. but i have yet to apply for citizenship.

you will need your present country of citizen passport and aplly for a visa if your country is listed in the ones reqiured to have a visa to visit or study in the island you are intrested in.. some of the countries in the caibean do not reqiure certain countries to have a visa but just a passport so look into this very well. you will need the green card to come back into the country so be sure your green card does not expire while you are over there. and do not stay longer than a year without coming back into the country at least once.

falcon21

Post by falcon21 »

Oh so, like im sure any school down there i go to will have sum sort of break in one year period? so if i come back to the US during break for like a week or sumthing then thats fien ?