Studying Med in the Philippines

Caribbean and Foreign medical school discussion: accreditation, costs, US residency match rates...

Moderator: CaribMD

will381796
Fellow
Fellow

Post by will381796 »

Cash McCallister wrote:I say forget going to med school in the phillipines and just go to chiro school in the US.

I'd suggest going to law school. Medics (MDs and DOs) are under a tight leash from those Pharma companies. Did you know that thousands of people DIE while under the care of an MD or DO each year?!?! Think of all the mourning families that you could represent when you SUE those medics!!!!

I wish chiros killed or hurt more people each year so that lawyers could reap the benefits.

I'm going to law school...so don't go to chiro school. The more chiros there are, the fewer clients I'll get.

:-p

Aspiring in Alaska
Sub-I
Sub-I

Post by Aspiring in Alaska »

Well Will, Better hope that you don't get hurt or sick and then have to rely on Doctors. There has been a growing movement of physicians that flatly refuse to accept lawyers, or anyone that even works for a lawyer.

will381796
Fellow
Fellow

Post by will381796 »

Aspiring in Alaska wrote:Well Will, Better hope that you don't get hurt or sick and then have to rely on Doctors. There has been a growing movement of physicians that flatly refuse to accept lawyers, or anyone that even works for a lawyer.

I personally feel that a physician has absolutely no right to ask me what I do for a living and to refuse treatment because of a person's profession should be form of discrimination. I've also never been to any doctor that has ever asked me what I do for a living and there would not be anything that they could do that would stop me from lying to them, if what you say is true.

But my post was poking fun at the "mdtodc" poster that had been posting similar ads about MD and DO hopefuls instead going to chiropractic school. Cash was doing the same thing with his comments.

Aspiring in Alaska
Sub-I
Sub-I

Post by Aspiring in Alaska »

I think for many first time patients and what not, that you need to list your type of employement. Ya, its all good =). its just that this is a honest concern. I've read about it about a year ago in the AMA bi-monthly journals they put out.

There where several small movements that where picking up momentum at the time, one was physicians dumping their medicare/medicaid patients and going to a concerign/fee for service modal, another was physicians refusing to accept any lawyers, lawyers family or even people that worked for a lawyer.

I stopped reading the various journals after I started med school though, :lol: so who knows whats going on now 8)

Sohaib16
Scutophile
Scutophile

PLz help

Post by Sohaib16 »

Hi...I was just wondering whether going to a less challlenging university actually give u a boost in ur GPA? The thing is..I am a weak student but I have an extraordinary passion for medicine...but I only have a GPA of 3.2. So, I don't really know what to do. I was thinking maybe by going to a bad university or something close to it....maybe my GPA will go up to atleast 3.4 or 3.5