Now on Kindle: "Doctor Factory"

List for sale and wanted items here (no resale of Kaplan or MedStudy materials, please).

Moderator: Adminnaoum

Rozann Hansford

Now on Kindle: "Doctor Factory"

Post by Rozann Hansford »

You can now read '"The Doctor Factory" on Kindle. This book is the controversial and funny story about life at a Caribbean Medical School called FUC, written by Dr. Ricahrd Hansford, a former Caribbean Med School prof and NIH scientist and ombudsman.

Jflex1MCAT

Re: Now on Kindle: "Doctor Factory"

Post by Jflex1MCAT »

Never heard of The Doctor Factory. Maybe i'll download it and check it out.

dredwinf
Scutophile
Scutophile

Post by dredwinf »

Do you have a link of this book.

Brady Kinesia
Sub-I
Sub-I

Post by Brady Kinesia »

dredwinf wrote:Do you have a link of this book.

This is the link to the book reviews on Amazon.com
(Kindle is a proprietary Amazon product)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Doctor-Factory-Offshore-Professors/product-reviews/1432721526/

The book is "polarizing" to say the least, with some reviewers saying they can identify with the Caribbean medical school experience

those of us who have been there can probably relate or at least find parallels in our own experiences. its a fast, fun read

others saying the book is a thinly-veiled hack job because the author got fired from SGU medical school :

In case you don't know.... Dr. Hansford was fired from St. George's University in Grenada a year after I left the island for having an affair with a medical student.
In his own defense, I know of at least 5 other professors from that university that had affairs or went on to marry students.

studynow

Post by studynow »

Thanks For the reply, many times an author cannot get his/her book published due to many different reasons, it is however if you plan to publish a book in an online mode so that user may know about your great work done than be at facetofacestudy your book will be published if it is found "OK" by the experts :wink: