Just the girlfriend. HELP!

Da Bears and other important distractions...

Moderators: Adminnaoum, flipsoid

rshell02

Just the girlfriend. HELP!

Post by rshell02 »

HI Everyone,
I really need some help.
I am very happy I came across this forum (Despite some of the few depressing entries) while looking for advice for girlfriends who have boyfriends attending medical school.
My boyfriend is about 2 weeks into Med School. I absolutely love him more then anything. We both made the promise to each other that we are going to stay strong and make it through this together.
I know that medical school is not easy and it is only to get worse:/
He's already becoming stressed out and grumpy, obviously, but as the days go by, we're talking less and less to each other. Granted I'm doing what I can to stay busy too, but we talk so little, He barely has time to talk and when we do talk it's for 15 minutes at 11 at night:(
It's beginning to worry me. It scares me because I can't tell if we're growing apart or if he's really JUST always studying and taking in this new experience and has no time to give to me. Any ideas? He is 3 1/2 hours away from me which is super hard.
Do you have any advice about the first year? What helped you to get through to where you are now?
I love my boyfriend so much and want this to work out more then anything!
I was really happy to come across this
PLEASE don't tell me to get out while I can, or that it is not going to work out, I know that this is a hard and long journey, but I need inspirational words and advice please!
Hope you can help:)
Thanks!

cheechootrain
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Re: Just the girlfriend. HELP!

Post by cheechootrain »

Double posting won't help you much. People usually don't venture down this section of the forums. :/

lonelygf

Post by lonelygf »

Just don't move in with him. I moved across country to be with my med school boyfriend thinking that I could take care of him and make him happy. I am now in some foreign place, lonely, away from everything I know, living with someone who doesn't even talk to me.
Try to be supportive, make sure you have your own life, and try to understand that it's not you--it's the amount of work.

rshell02

Post by rshell02 »

Thank you very much! I wish you luck!