bump

Da Bears and other important distractions...

Moderators: Adminnaoum, flipsoid

pens

bump

Post by pens »

did not realize it was against the rules. sorry.
Last edited by pens on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AL_emt
Premed Moderator
Premed Moderator

Re: Help?

Post by AL_emt »

Like you mentioned, it is against the rules of the forum to provide any sort of medical advice.

If you aren't satisfied with the level of care you received from your physician (or your father from his, etc), you have every right to find another physician. I noticed (getting a little off topic here, sorry) that many of my patients expect me (and other healthcare providers) to instantly recognize etiologies; unfortunately, medicine is both an art and a science, and providers simply can't always give an accurate and timely answer to a health question. In other words, a lot of the time we simply don't know what the underlying cause of a sign, symptom, or illness is (i.e. idiopathic, at least to the provider).

If you feel the need to get treatment before seeing your PCP (and it isn't a true emergency), you can always find an urgent care center; these are typically far less expensive than the ER (besides cutting down on ER abuse) and tend to have extended "walk in" hours. Alternatively, you can contact your PCP and voice your concerns; he/she may elect to see you earlier than your originally scheduled appointment. At the very least, your PCP can address your medical questions in the meantime. Good luck to you and your family.

pens

Re: Help?

Post by pens »

AL_emt wrote:Like you mentioned, it is against the rules of the forum to provide any sort of medical advice.

I actually posted "I know this is not a forum for medical advice," not anything mentioning that it is against the rules since I was not aware of said rule. Thanks anyway.

CaribMD
The One
The One

Re: bump

Post by CaribMD »

Hi, As a Moderator let me explain:
If it is innocent only the post is edited or deleted, you can ask someone by "PM" but not on the forum since this is a a site about education not advice.

I have trouble at times with Ads, sometimes they are clever and look like a post

so some posts and ads are left unless the Admin decides to delete them.

If someone keeps posting medical questions or clearly ads they not only get deleted but the poster banned
2 weeks
a month or forever depending on how serious it is.

Most times its not a big deal.

I will tell you one thing though,

based on what I read just now, you always have a choice, you never are bound to a Doctor you are seeing. Medicine is a choices not a locked in contract. If you want a second opinion or want to seek another Doctor for treatment after treatment was offered, you have that right without retribution.

GL :wink: