am in west virginia

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

corndog
Sub-I
Sub-I

Post by corndog »

OlufunshoBY wrote: it's alright though. I see myself going there but the school is freaking expensive. $72k for a year?

eek. After how many years would you get state residency? Only other school I know of charging close to that is Colorado which is over 50k.

OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Post by OlufunshoBY »

that's the problem. If u come in as an out-of-state, you will stay that way till u graduate. They say there might be some hoops to jump if you want to be in-state but they never told us what the hoops were.

If the only choice i have is either west virginia or ross, i think i will opt for ross. I will rather leave with the foreign graduate stigma with an MD at the back of my name than $72k/year, and still someone asking me what does DO mean.

That's just too much to swallow. Federal loan can only give you about $40k and the rest is private loan. HELL NO! No major scholarship either.

anyway, i still want that admission though :lol: It's good to have options (not much of an option though) but I STILL WANT IT DAMN IT! :evil:

good luck

sopwith camel

Bigots

Post by sopwith camel »

It is nice to see that bigots and the small minded are so eager to join the medical profession. I am sure the WVSOM will not morn your loss as people such as yourself will not be a credit to any school you attend and I wish Ross the best of luck.

corndog
Sub-I
Sub-I

Re: Bigots

Post by corndog »

sopwith camel wrote:It is nice to see that bigots and the small minded are so eager to join the medical profession. I am sure the WVSOM will not morn your loss as people such as yourself will not be a credit to any school you attend and I wish Ross the best of luck.

Good lord, it is a joke. No one is a bigot here; we're just having a little fun. You need to have a sense of humor in your life or else you turn into one sad puppy. Heck, even proctologists have a sense of humor (they know the best jokes too) and they realize that people make fun of their line of work all the time.

OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Re: Bigots

Post by OlufunshoBY »

corndog wrote:
sopwith camel wrote:It is nice to see that bigots and the small minded are so eager to join the medical profession. I am sure the WVSOM will not morn your loss as people such as yourself will not be a credit to any school you attend and I wish Ross the best of luck.

Good lord, it is a joke. No one is a bigot here; we're just having a little fun. You need to have a sense of humor in your life or else you turn into one sad puppy. Heck, even proctologists have a sense of humor (they know the best jokes too) and they realize that people make fun of their line of work all the time.

thanks corndog, and to think i am the small minded one :lol: