three med. questions

Caribbean and Foreign medical school discussion: accreditation, costs, US residency match rates...

Moderator: CaribMD

nashville

three med. questions

Post by nashville »

Alright, I have 3 questions:

1. Which schools have a NP to M.D. program. (You would go in the summer)

2. I found that Windsor U has one of these programs. Is Windsor any good?

3. I noticed that many people had mentioned that the U.S. has blacklisted some of the schools. Where do I go to find the blacklisted or problomatic schools?

Thanks all!!!! [/b]

CaribMD
The One
The One

Re: three med. questions

Post by CaribMD »

nashville wrote:Alright, I have 3 questions:

1. Which schools have a NP to M.D. program. (You would go in the summer)

2. I found that Windsor U has one of these programs. Is Windsor any good?

3. I noticed that many people had mentioned that the U.S. has blacklisted some of the schools. Where do I go to find the blacklisted or problomatic schools?

Thanks all!!!! [/b]

1. do not accept a program that will give you credit for NP courses in Medical school, it is not legit and will haunt you in the future, do use the NP to get admission into a medschool.

2. Windsor has many problems per the students who go there, I have been told be them through emails. Check them out on www.valuemd.com

3. The "blacklist" is to say that a school has been listed by a state in the USA as unacceptable for Licensure so they are less desiriable to attend because if one state did this whats to stop more? you have to check with each state. It's hard to keep up with the 30 some schools in the Caribbean, I do keep up with mine of course ( no "blacklisting" for this school I'm at ).

One thing to remember is that there are people in the USA who look for a reason not to License youwhen you go to an offshore Medical school, Internet Basic Sci, advanced standing for being a NP, school has shaky charter, things like that will make your MD worthless.

http://www.valuemd.com/state-medical-li ... hools.html

Link to one site where the links to lists are, some of them, the rest you have to check with each state board. :wink: