Regarding Clinical/Healthcare Work Section in Secondaries

Issues specific to osteopathic medical education and practice as a DO.

Moderator: OlufunshoBY

bill_252001
Scutophile
Scutophile

Regarding Clinical/Healthcare Work Section in Secondaries

Post by bill_252001 »

Hello All,
My Stats GPA: 3.75, MCAT 27P. I would like some advice on the Clinical/Healthcare Work section of the secondaries. I was looking at the KCOM secondary application and there is an above mentioned section. Now, my problem is that I dont have much clinical/healthcare work experience. I volunteered for 2 months, about 32 hours at an ER in 2004. Since then I had so many things going on in my life primarily being suffering from cardiac arrhythmias. Getting back to my question, can I enter, my experience as a patient in this section??? I have been in and out of hospitals as a patient more than someone would volunteer. I have met many doctors along the way and have had opportunity to observe professionals at work.
Please advise.
Thank you

OlufunshoBY
Fellow
Fellow

Post by OlufunshoBY »

no you cannot list ur time as a patient under clinical experience. if u only have 32 hours, that's fine. i volunteered in ER for about that amount of hours and i stopped.

only put there what u can account for and if they question arise in interview, u tell them why u couldn't continue.

good luck